Smart Design and Manufacturing Research Group
“SMART” design and manufacturing can be interpreted as the innovation of classical design and manufacturing practices by combining with information and communication (ICT) technologies. Mutual communication can be between People-Product-Production facilities by sending and receiving useful data. The smart design and manufacturing are expected to improve the state-of-the-art by disruptive innovation. The smart design manufacturing group aims to educate high-potentials who can lead the fourth industrial revolution.
Research topics are described below.
- Core technologies for scientific visualization and 3D printing used in next generation product, movies, and games, Realistic material modeling technology, Real-time/real-world rendering technology, Next-generation mixed reality technology
- Laser micro/nano fabrication, Understanding physical phenomenon for laser fabrication, Three dimensional microfabrication using various materials
- Fault diagnosis analyzing big data from manufacturing equipment, Prognostics and health management of engineered systems, Computational modeling and simulation with finite element methods
- Innovative manufacturing equipment design/testing, Manufacturing error correction, Virtual manufacturing machining, Ultra-precision hybrid manufacturing technologies for unmanned automated manufacturing
- Application technology for CAD and computer graphics, 4D printing for innovative production
- Manufacturing technology for core components with high performance and small form factor, Design and measurement technologies for micro systems including micro sensor/actuator
- Micro sensor and actuator technology, Bio-, micro- components and systems, Biologically inspired technologies