2019.02. Excellent researcher award for 2019 spring PhD graduates, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology.
2018.12. Best research award for outstanding scientific research with the highest impact factor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Gwangju Institute of Science and technology.
2018.02. Best poster award from Optical Society in Korea winter meeting.
2017.12. Excellent prize for a writing contest of GIST Press.
2017.11. Great social activity and excellent research award from Vietnam student association in Korea.
2017.05. Students with 5 good merits: study, sport, international activity, contribution to Vietnam, and volunteer activity from Vietnam Student Association.
2017.03. Great social activity and excellent research award from Vietnam embassy in Korea.
2016.10. Excellent research award from Vietnam embassy in Korea.
2016.02. Hoban scholarship for excellent students.
2015.06. Best research award from the 22nd conference on Optoelectronics and Optical Communications.
2013.10. KOVA scholarship for top 10 female students in Vietnam.
2012.09. Scholarship from Samsung talent program for top 40 students in Vietnam.
2012.10. Scholarship from Amcham Scholars from top 20 students in Vietnam.
SCI journal papers
1. Thien Nguyen, Minhee Kim, Jeonghwan Gwak , Jang Jae Lee, Kyu Yeong Choi, Kun Ho Lee, and Jae Gwan Kim. Investigation of brain functional connectivity in patients with mild cognitive impairment: a functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS) study. Journal of Biophotonics, under review (3rd round), 2019.
2. Thien Nguyen, Sungchul Kim, Jae Gwan Kim. Diffuse reflectance spectroscopy to quantify the met-myolgobin proportion and meat oxygenation inside of pork and beef. Food chemistry, 2019.
3. Thien Nguyen, Olajide Babawale, Tae Kim, Hang Joon Jo, Hanli Liu, Jae Gwan Kim. Exploring brain functional connectivity in rest and sleep states: a fNIRS study. Scientific Reports, 2018.
4. Thien Nguyen, Sangtae Ahn, Hyojung Jang, Sung Chan Jun, Jae Gwan Kim. Utilization of a combined EEG/fNIRS system to predict driver drowsiness. Scientific Reports, 2017.
5. Sangtae Ahn, Thien Nguyen (Co-first author), Hyojung Jang, Jae Gwan Kim, Sung Chan Jun. Exploring Neuro-Physiological correlation of driver’s mental fatigue caused by sleep deprivation using simultaneous EEG, ECG, and fNIRS data. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 2016.
6. Thien Nguyen, Kien Nguyen Phan, Jee-Bum Lee, Jae Gwan Kim. Met-myoglobin formation, accumulation, degradation, and myoglobin oxygenation monitoring based on multiwavelength attenuance measurement in porcine meat. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 2016.
1. Minhee Kim, Thien Nguyen (co-first author), Jae Gwan Kim. Investigation of Cerebral hemodynamic changes in mild cognitive impairment due to Alzheimer’s disease during verbal fluency task. IFMBE Proceedings, 69, 7th International Conference on the Development of Biomedical Engineering in VietNam, 2019.
2. Thien Nguyen, Kien Nguyen Phan, Jae Gwan Kim. Assessment of beef freshness by monitoring oxy-, deoxy-, and met-myoglobin concentration change during storage time. IEEE, BME-HUST, 2016.