- LAB NAMESingle Molecule Biology and Cellular Dynamics Laboratory
- Fundamental processes related to cancer and infectious diseases.
- DNA metabolism (DNA degradation and modification)
- RNA metabolism (RNA transcription, degradation, splicing processes)
- Protein metabolism (Posttranscriptional modification and Protein degradation)
- 2006 Duke University (Ph.D. - MEMS)
- 2000 Sungkyunkwan University (M.S.- ME)
- 1998 Sungkyunkwan University (B.S.- ME)
- 02/2012-present : Assistant/Associate Professor, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
- 11/2006-01/2012 : Research Associate, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA
- 05/2006-10/2006 : Research Associate, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
- 09/2002-04/2006 : Researcher, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
- TJ Park Science Fellowship : 2014
- Jane Coffin Childs Memorial Fund Fellowship: 2007-2010
- Best Postdoctoral Researcher Award in Missouri Biophysics Symposium: March, 11, 2011
- Biophysical Society Student Research Achievement Award (SRAA), 2006
- 1. G. Lee, M. Bratkowski, F. Ding, A. Ke and T. Ha “Elastic coupling between RNA degradation and unwinding by Rrp44 nuclease” Science, 336(6089):1726-9, 2012 Jun 29
- 2. G. Lee, K. Abdi, Y. Jiang, P. Michaely, V. Bennett, and P.E. Marszalek, “Nanospring Behavior of Ankyrin repeats”, Nature, 440(7081):246-249, March 9 2006.
- 3. G. Lee, J. Yoo, B.J. Lesile and T. Ha ” Single molecule analysis reveals three distinct phases of DNA degradation by an exonuclease”, Nature Chemical Biology, 7(6):367-374, Jun 2011.
- 4. G. Lee, S. Hartung, K.P. Hopfner and T. Ha “Single molecule study of the degradation andpolyadenylation activities of the archaeal exosome”, Nano letters, 10(12): 5123-5130, Dec 2010.
- 5. G. Lee, W. Nowak, J Jaroniec, Q.M. Zhang, and P.E. Marszalek, “Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Forced Conformational Transitions in 1,6-Linked Polysaccharides”, Biophysical Journal, 87(3): 1456-1465, SEP 2004.