- Boundary-Layer Stability and Laminar-to-Turbulent Transition
- Turbomachinery: Nacelle/Fan/Turbine/Compressor Design, Aeromechanics, and Combustion Dynamics of Aero-Engines
- Rotorcraft: Flight Dynamics, Aeromechanics, Noise & Vibration
- Advanced Numerical Methods
- Two-Phase Flow
- Ph.D., Arizona State University, Mechanical Engineering, 1992
- Thesis: Developed a high-order 3D Naiver-Stokes solver based on Chebyshev/Fourier collocationmethod for studying crossflow instabilities on swept wings.
- Advisors: Prof. Helen Reed, and Prof. William Saric
- M.S., National Taiwan University, Mechanical Engineering, 1986
- Thesis: Developed a 3D PPNS (Partially Parabolized Navier-Stoke) solver for studying 3D turbulentflow in a 90-degree bended rectangular duct for vertical takeoff.
- Advisor: Prof. Zuu-Chang HongB.S., National Chiao Tung University (Taiwan), Mechanical Engineering, 1980
- RELIABLE SOLUTIONS CORPORATION Feburay 2018 to Present
- UNITED TECHNOLOGIES RESEARCH CENTER (UTRC) March 2000 to Dec. 2017
- COMPUTER SCIENCES CORPORATION (CSC), VA 1999 to 2000
- HIGH TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION (HTC), VA 1992 to 1999
- NASA LANGELY RESEARCH CENTER (LaRC), VA 1992 to 1996
- YUH-LOONG MOTOR ENGINEERING CENTER, TAIWAN 1982 to 1984
- Recognition by NASA, 2017 in Robust Design for Embedded Engine System
- “Boundary Layer Ingesting Inlet/Distortion Tolerant Fan Jet Engine”
- AIAA Best Paper Award, 2016 in Green Engineering
- “Impact of Ultra-High Bypass/Hybrid Wing Body Integration on Propulsion System Performance andOperability”, 54th AIAA Science and Technology Forum.
- Excellent CTO & CEO Review, UTC, 2014
- “Virtual Shroud for High-Speed Elevator”. In 2017, this innovation has become standard equipment fora series of OTIS Global Product for High-Rise buildings.
- Outstanding Achievement Award, 2010, the highest technical achievement at UTRC
- “Large Scale Active Rotor Fabrication and Demonstration”
- Outstanding Achievement Award, 2004, United Technologies Research Center
- “Jet Noise Reduction Technology Development for PW6000 Engine”
- Certification of Appreciation by SAE Aerotech ’94 & ‘95
- “Recognizing Ray’s substantial contribution for offering keynote lectures”Hold 4 Patents, with additional 3 pending